Paper drawings are difficult to store and deteriorate over time. White Horse CAD Limited’s Legacy Transfer service converts your paper drawings to electronic formats, eliminating your reliance on paper based drawings and opening up new manufacturing possibilities. Converting paper drawings to digital formats can allow for more efficient manufacturing processes to be used and eliminates problems caused by photocopying master drawings multiple times. Having digital versions of your drawings also allows for much simpler sharing of high quality data between your company and its suppliers or customers. 2D digital data such as DXF files can be used to generate basic CNC cutting paths for 2D cutters or 3 axis machine tools. 3D digital data can be used to generate complex tool paths or create 3D printed components for design evaluation.
White Horse CAD Limited take you drawings and blueprints or even DXF files1,2,3,4 and convert them into both 3D CAD and electronic 2D drawings. We are able to produce files in a variety of industry standard formats allowing you to get the most from your drawings and from WHC. If you would like more information please contact us.
- Printable Documents: Drawings will be produced using a standard template. We are also happy to use either your own drawing template or design one that suits your needs.
- 2D data: Files that can be used to generate CNC code for everything from laser cutters to Electronic Discharge Machines (EDM)
- 3D data files: Used to generate CNC code for complex 3D profiles or data for 3D printing (Rapid Prototyping).
- Parasolid (x_t & x_b)
- And many others
Alternatively you may be a budding designer who has a number of sketches you would like to be made into drawings allowing you to bring your ideas to reality. White Horse CAD are able to offer you services ranging from convert to CAD through to design for manufacture or full project management.
Once your files have been transferred to the electronic format of your choice they will be yours to distribute as you wish. WHC will hand over all of the electronic files generated upon completion of the project.. If you would like more information please contact us.
- You must own the design rights or copyrights of any part to be transferred to CAD.
- Your 2D drawings must be fully defined, missing details or features lead to inaccurate 2D and 3D data: non-defined featured will be scaled from the drawings provided.
- CAD will be generated to your specification, WHC will model your components either at the drawing nominal or mid limit, depending upon your requirements.
- WHC will not be responsible for the design integrity of any components transferred from legacy formats.