White Horse CAD have a number of in house 3D printing capabilities.
Current Printer List
- Zortrax M200 (FDM)
- Max. Print Size: 200mm X 20mm X 180mm
- Layer Height: 0.09mm, 0.14mm, 0.19mm, 0.29mm, 0.39mm
- Zortrax Inkspire (SLA)
- Max. Print Size: 74mm X 132mm X 175mm
- Layer Heights: 0.025mm, 0.05mm, 0.1mm
Our Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) 3D print service extrudes a plastic filament to build 3D models in layers. This service is ideal for larger items and can be used for creating prototypes, tooling and fixtures in a number of materials.
- Z-ABS: A good, general engineering material available in a wide selection of colours.
- Good for prints that look and feel like the final product.
- Largest colour choice.
- Cost effective.
- Larger prints are more likely to fail due to warping.
- Z-Hips: Perfect for mechanical prototyping.
- High quality prints.
- Lower shrinkage (more suitable for larger models).
- Higher cost than ABS.
- Z-ULTRAT: Perfect for higher strength, durable mechanical prototypes.
- Strong functional prototypes and enclosures.
- Low shrinkage (More Suitable for Larger Models.
- Good selection of colours.
- Higher cost than ABS
Our Stereo Lithography (SLA) 3D Printing services is more suited to smaller, higher detailed prototypes. It creates prints by curing layers of a photosensitive liquid with UV light. This service is ideal for smaller, highly detailed parts or small functional prototypes in a number of materials
- Basic White: A good, general engineering material.
- Good for look and feel prototypes.
- Most cost effective.
- Smaller details are lost.
- Pro Black: Perfect for small mechanical prototypes or higher detail prints.
- Higher quality prints.
- Improved impact resistance
- Improved bending resistance
- Higher cost than Basic White.
- Flexible: Perfect for flexible, soft touch parts.
- High level of detail
- Sharp edges
- Higher cost than Pro Black
3D printing allows decisions to be made on the product form and fit and can also offer a cost effective alternative for the manufacture of tooling or test rig components. 3D printing offers a cost effective prototyping solution, allowing for iterative design solutions to be assessed quickly, giving you confidence in committing resource to either a prototype or tooling to make a prototype with.
Want more information?
If you would like to know more about our 3D printing service or would like to place an order please use our contact page.